Things I have been wondering for a while:
- Why does Teyla not have babies? She's in her late twenties and the leader of an basic horticultural/hunter people. I'm not an expert in such areas, but I understand that reproducing as quickly as possible is a popular concept in places where life spans are short, and with the Wraith around people don't tend to live long. Also, she has the Gift of Wraith Sensing, which is genetic, so she should totally have a passel of fat babies by now.
- What happened to the International Oversight Advisory? Those who watch SG-1 know that the committee composed of governments from around the world put most of its funding behind the Atlantis extradition largely because they have more say in the way it's run. They don't like the SGC because they can't control an American Military base as well. Fine, so where are they? Are they just assuming that Weir is doing a good job? Does she get instructions from them? Does she follow them? Do they have an observer in the City?
- What happened to the Wraith Antibody from Hoff? Are we ever going to hear about it again? Okay, so the first version didn't work out so well, but why couldn't they keep working on it so that it doesn't kill half the population as a side effect? Beckett's sold as a clever guy with such things; I'm sure he could do it. I think perfecting that and then immunising the entire human population would be an extremely effective solution to the Wraith. It might take a while, but it's just as practical as certain other ideas.
- Does the City have a dentist? What about a barber? If so, how does one get that job? Are they military dentists and barbers?
- If someone wanted to get married, is there a JP in the City? Could Weir do it? What about Caldwell? He's a ship's captain after all. How would you fill out the paperwork, by country of origin?
- Have they finished exploring the City yet? It's supposed to be the size of Manhattan. Can you completely explore that in two years or will they keep running across frozen people and evil viruses for seasons to come?
- We hear Sheppard and company make human pop culture jokes all the time, why don't Teyla and Ronon make Athosian and Satedan pop culture jokes? They appearently don't have TV or movies, but they must have at least an oral tradition and mythology (and Sateda looks pretty advanced before it got Wraithed). I guess it's partly because we don't see them with their own people very much, and unless you're John Crichton alluding to things that only you get wears thin pretty fast.
- Why was that last Wraith Queen orange?
- If the Doctor appeared on Atlantis, how long would he last before McKay tried to kill him?
- If you locked the two of them in a room, would Roslin have twisted Weir around her little finger in under five minutes, or would it take her as much as ten?
- Does anyone else think about these things?